Part-Time Sales Associate
Seeking Sales Associate position for 3-4 days up to 20 hours per week to start. This position reports both to Store Manager and Owners.
- Assisting customers in store and online. Must know how to operate sales POS system front and back end, be proficient with (or able to quickly learn) various technology applications (i.e. web chat, Excel, Microsoft Office, email, etc.). Proficiency with Shopify, is strongly preferred; proficiency with email and phone is required.
- Online order fulfillment. Familiarity with shipping and receiving is a major plus. Strong preference will be given to candidates who have a core understanding of how to fulfill online orders via various shipping providers and are familiar with receiving and processing shipments.
- Must have passion for the men's and women's brands we offer. Familiarity with brands, products, fits, etc. is strongly preferred, as is an understanding of independent brands and business.
- Must love working with others be able to offer excellent customer service to both men and women. This includes being able to answer questions about men's and women's brands, products, fits we offer; being able to accurately advise on fit; being knowledgeable about our brands and what makes them unique and special in the apparel industry, etc.
- Requires excellent communication and customer service skills, positive attitude, and the desire to uphold our shop's mission. Retail is dynamic, and the right candidate is able to adapt to the ever-changing flow.
This position will begin as part-time with the ability to advance and grow. We believe in rewarding hard work, dedication and initiative. This position is part-time hourly and requires one weekend day per week, preferably Saturdays. The ideal candidate has retail experience, a desire to learn in a dynamic, creative environment, and is self motivated in that he/she doesn't require a great deal of management, works well independently when required, and is able to prioritize what needs to be done both when the day is busy and slow.
Other relevant experiences/ skill sets:
- Visual merchandising
- Previous employment with independent business
- Self starter
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team